Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sharing our free & easy honeymoon experiences in Europe from 6Sept13-21Sept13- Day 1 in Paris (6Sept-7Sept13) Part 1

   My husband & i have been trying to get more sleep & rest since we came back from Europe due to the long flight effect, people call Jet-Lag i guess. At first we were not quite used to the time difference and the weather back here, we often woke up at night hungry or awake. We thought maybe next time we should consider taking a transit flight rather than direct flight from Singapore Airline though their services was good and we were so full throughout the whole flight. A transit flight could maybe allow us to rest a few hours from continuous sitting in the flight for 12hours. On our night flight to Paris on 6Sept13, we had a terrible night in the plane especially me . I was having terrible backache few hours after the departure with stomach bloatedness & cramps due to my pregnancy. As it was a night flight , of course all the passengers hope to get some rest or sleep before we reach our destination. Unfortunately, most of us were not able to, as our cabin have a few parents with young babies who take turns to cry throughout the whole flight journey. The worst is there was one particular parent despite the crying of their child, also created other sounds like searching the plastic bags, opening the cabin luggage door many times loudly. We can see the frustration of all other passengers who are affected & what about a pregnant mummy like me. Luckily my husband was there to give me comfort , massaging my back for me & walking me to the toliet & the cabins to relax alittle. When we were having breakfast in the plane , i told my husband i don't think in future i will bring my baby on a flight trip till she is older as it will not affect us & others as well in the plane.
  We took many many photos during this trip mostly about the scenery and the things we saw in the museum. It will take me awhile to upload all the photos to facebook as the files are so big. I like to emphasizes that by sharing these blogs & photos in facebook is not an act of boosting or a way to criticize others . It is merely our way of sharing our experiences & to keep us in memories of the things & places we have been together or with our love ones perhaps few years later as we look at the photos & blogs again. 
 Some of our friends told us we were so brave to travel by free & easy especially during my 5 to 6 months of pregnancy and just the two of us only. We were also glad that we were back to Singapore safe & sound. Travelling to overseas with a tour group or even with a few friends or family is definitely more safe as people tend to be nice to a group of people even though they may not like you . They cannot afford to offend those people especially from the tour group as they may get to earn commission when they started to buy alot of things. Different people have different objectives when they travel overseas. For me & my husband, our objectives this time round to Europe is to experience what the people there experience and how people think of Singapore especially in a big country like Europe. I will gradually share more later about the things and people that we met along the way. Well other people may have different experiences from us but if you ask me what is the best part i like about this trip, i would say it is the time my husband & i spend alone in a country where everyone were strangers to us. The process of supporting each other to find our ways using the map & asking people on the street for directions. Finding the most suitable food to eat & drink to ensure each meal is worth spending. Enjoying the cool weather & scenery which is different from Singapore and enjoying the moment of quietness and stress free time during our holiday. We also enjoy shopping & window shopping in Europe. To us luxury is only a choice but not a must. If we always focus on luxury & branded stuffs , then we will tend to forget about the people who are still suffering in hungers & poverty all over the world. I will continue sharing our experience in part 2.

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment